We’re building the world’s greatest shared task application. Sendtask is now live for both web and mobile – check it out here: http://sendtask.io/. After finalizing our seed round, we’re on the lookout for a talented MEAN Stack Developer. Become the 4th engineer on our team and join us on our journey to making the world more productive.
We’re a distributed team – but when we do get together, we focus on having fun together.
Here we’re getting ready to jump off an airplane in our Berlin retreat.
- Frontend and backend development on our MEAN Stack application
- Implement APIs to 3rd party integrations
- Work closely with everyone else on the team in order to provide the best user experience to our users
- Deep Angular (1.x), node.js and MongoDB knowledge
- Experience with Linux servers (currently we use Ubuntu)
- Experience with gulp (or another workflow)
- Experience with frontend technology (socket.io, SASS, Bootstrap 3 or 4)
- Experience with git and Github
- Understanding of web app scalability and performance aspects
- General sense for design and UI/UX
Other qualities that are important:
- You are a good communicator (good English skills is a must) who can work independently and values team play
- You are quick and pragmatic when you create new features for testing but detail oriented and precise when you polish the experience
- You think the user flow through before submitting it and appreciate when your suggestions are challenged
- You are precise and on time
- You provide comments so that it is easy for us to understand the reasons why you did something the way you did it
Relaxing after a long work day at the office (we booked it for a week during our Berlin retreat).
What we offer you:
- Flexibility – we are a fully distributed team and everyone works from home or a co-working space at the hours that they feel most productive. We believe that everyone should be able to work when they are best able to do it, and should take time off when needed. Read more here: http://sendtask.io/blog/
- Control over your work – we believe that everyone should define their own role. We meet once per week for a one-hour call where we update each other on progress, define goals for the upcoming week and discuss anything that concerns the whole team. We also love riddles and we use the last 15’ of that call to ask each other a weekly riddle. Read more about it here: http://sendtask.io/blog/keep-everyone-aligned-just-one-60-minute-weekly-call/
- Fun – we’ll fly you 3-4 times a year somewhere in the world for a week to work and have fun together. On previous retreats we went skydiving, surfing, hiking, did escape rooms and worked our asses off to come up with the roadmap for the next three months. Find some impressions from our past retreat here: http://sendtask.io/blog/sendtask-team-retreat-berlin-recap/
- A good challenge – come work in a super motivated and smart team. We only hire team members who we think are masters of their field, motivated and fun to talk to outside work.
Please note: It will take you some time to apply for this job. We use this process because we value people who are not afraid of going the extra mile to get what they want. Your attitude is just as important as your skill set. If you are not looking for something long term and if you are not willing to go through the steps below, please do not apply. However, if you value a good challenge, please send us your application!
Our hiring process has the following stages:
- Please start your reply to this posting with “Hey guys! I’m the MEAN-Stack-Rockstar you’re looking for!”. We use this to weed out quickly those applicants who have not taken the time to carefully read this job briefing.
- We will send a questionnaire to you with questions about your personality as well as your skill set. It will take you about an hour to complete this questionnaire. This helps us to get to know you a bit better and gives us a first assessment of your technical abilities. Please make sure to provide us with long-form answers.
- If we like your answers, we will give you a test task. The test task will typically take about 8 hours and will be paid. Based on this we will judge your ability to execute on a given problem. We’ll only give you the test task if we believe that you are a good fit and valuable addition to the team.
- The last step is several interviews with our team. We believe that it is important that everyone on the team gets along with everyone else and value an honest and direct feedback culture.
- We’re looking for applicants with the right attitude, who hold themselves to a high standard with deadlines. You don’t have to have perfect skills, there is an opportunity to learn along the way – your attitude and desire to learn are the most important qualities for this job. If this process has not scared you off, please apply!
Cédric & Team Sendtask
Fill in the form below and we’ll send you our questionnaire!